Please see Pima College Course Descriptions. Internship at PCC are called Co-op Learning. For Culinary Arts they are CUL 199 and CUL 199Wk, for Hotel and Restaurant Management they are HRM 199 and HRM 199WK, or HRM 299 and HRM 299WK.
Note: beginning fall 2015 all NAU students must complete an internship prior to graduation. See Armando Trujillo for further information on how a PCC graduate can satisfy this requirement at Pima.
Students Contact Us
1. Meet with a program advisor to discuss requirements
2. Secure a property for your internships
2. a. You may complete an internship requirement at your current hospitality employment
2. b. You may secure an internship at a hotel, restaurant, or hospitality related enterprise.
1. The internship is a semester long commitment.
2. For each credit of HRM 199WK or HRM 299WK you register for, you are required to complete a minimum of 5 hours per week at the property. So, if you sign up for 2 credit hours of HRM 199WK, you should work an average of ten (10) hours each week for 16 weeks.
Employers Contact Us
Employers may contact the program directly by completing our Contact Form to request an Intern opportunity at your property. The department will post a notice in the classroom for student’s consideration.
Please review the following materials prior to requesting an intern.
- Employer FAQs
- CST Handout – Internships
- US Department of Labor Wage and Hour Division
- Instructions for Creating a Student Learning Plan
- Student Learning Plan Form
Do you want to be an internship site? Fill out our Contact Form to get in touch with someone who can help you get started.
CUL Phone: 520-206-5231 Mario Diaz de Sandy
PCC HRM Phone: 520-206-2087 Glenn Baron,
NAU HRM Phone: 520-206-2176 Armando Trujillo
Fall & Spring Semesters:
Mon-Fri: 8 am – 5 pm
Closed Sat and Sun
Why Internships are so Important!
An internship is a form of realistic learning that combines knowledge and theory discovered in the classroom with practical application and skills development in a hospitality business. Internships give:
- Students the opportunity to gain valuable applied experience, and
- Make connections in professional fields they are considering for career paths; and
- Give employers the opportunity to guide and evaluate talent, and finally
- Allows the employer the opportunity to discover quality employees.